This time of year always seems to go by so fast. Fall calls for pumpkin everything, chili, LOTS of coffee, soccer games and football watching! This recipe is an absolute hit and I love that it uses fresh vegetables. Grilled veggie and black bean chili is loaded with flavor! It’s the perfect vegetarian dinner to come home and cook up and your house will smell amazing! Grill veggies ahead of time so you can place all the ingredients into the cooking pot and let the magic happen.
3 Tbsp. Safflower Oil (safflower oil is emerging as a health superstar but use it sparingly)
2 Zuchinni, diced and cubed
2-3 Red, yellow or green peppers (preferably organic), chopped and diced
1 Yellow or red onion, chopped and diced
handful Mushrooms chopped
Pink himalayan salt & fresh ground pepper pepper
2 Jalepenos, seeded and diced
1 tsp. minced Garlic
1-2 cans Black beans, drained
3 Tbsp. Tomato paste
1 1/2 cup Veggie broth
Extra seeded and diced Jalepenos for extra spicy chili
1. Toss all veggies in bowl and drizzle with 1 Tbsp. Safflower oil, add salt & pepper.
2. Grill for several minutes turning veggies so they don’t burn. Throw grilled veggies in a glass bowl.
3. Add 2 Tbsp. remaining safflower oil in pot and throw in jalepenos and garlic, sauté.
4. Place black beans in pot and mix for about 1 minute, then add tomato paste to combine.
5. Add the veggie broth and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Serve in bowls and sprinkle lime juice and jalepenos if you like spice! Enjoy!